Beauty Blogger Essentials
This week’s Makeup Wars topic posed a bit of a problem for me. The Makeup Wars team is writing about our tried and true go-to products, the items we reach for again and again and replenish over and over. I had a blast pulling together this Beauty Blogger Essentials List, but have to admit that I couldn’t fit all of my “go to” beauty items in one post!
As a result, today’s post is part one of a two-part series and you can see the remainder of my Beauty Blogger Essentials List tomorrow. Love what you see? All of these products can be purchased at Nordstrom.com. While you’re there, don’t miss the Nordstrom Clearance Sale! It’s definitely worth a peek.
- NARS Nail Polish: If I had to pick only one nail polish to use, I’d splurge on a bottle of NARS Nail Polish over and over again. This highly opaque color-rich formula can truly be applied with only one coat. It’s big 3 free, and has a gorgeous wide brush for applying. It’s a seriously luxe experience from end to end, with professional results. Retail is $20.
- Lancôme Color Design Shadow and Liner Palette: There are a gazillion eyeshadow palettes I love, but the Lancôme 5-Pan Color Design Palette is currently the first I reach for. These palettes provide room for creativity, but don’t overwhelm with choices. They are sized for travel, unlike a mega-palette, and also include tips for application. I’m currently using Beige Brulee, but have my eye on Taupe Craze (in photo). Retail is $50.
- Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour: I love WAY too many lipsticks to mention them all, but Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Color is definitely one of the first tubes I seek out when I’m applying my morning face. The formula delivers a color-rich, satin finish and is available in a wide array of colors. Palm Beach, shown above, is a fabulous vivid coral for Spring! Retail is $27.
- Lancôme Definicils Waterproof Mascara: Here in the desert, temperatures are already starting to reach levels the rest of the world would consider summer. To stay cool, we participate in a TON of water activity, so my makeup has to always be ready for some splashing. I testing Lancôme Definicils Waterproof Mascara last summer, and when I say “tested” I mean I wore it for a day of watersliding action with my kids. This formula didn’t run or budge AT ALL. Retail is $27.50.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Eye Pencil: This reformulated version of an old favorite is still a mainstay in my makeup collection. This water-resistant formula is the one you need to pick if you truly need color to last from day to night. It applies in a gorgeous, smudgy texture that’s easily blended to perfection using the provided smudge-tip. Once the product sets, it will stay put for hours! Retail price is $23.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Body: Dry, flaky skin be gone! Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Body is perched in my shower, and has been for some time. This physical/chemical peel first acts as a scrub. Then it should be left on for up to 5 minutes while it works it’s magic, eliminating dry skin and revealing the healthy skin beneath! Retail is $65.
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm: After a fellow beauty blogger raved about Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, I splurged on one for myself, and have been using it regularly ever since. This undereye cream is rich, delivers the moisture I so desparately need, and also tingles after you apply (so you can tell it’s working to reveal healthier skin). This product is paraben free, and Algenist is also made right here in the USA! Retail price is $65.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion: When Shiseido launched their suncare line, I immediately grabbed a bottle of this SPF 50+ broad spectrum, water resistant sunscreen. Since that first trial run, I’ve purchased it over and over again. As you’d expect, this product is superb sun protection, especially if you’ll be pool side. What you might not know it is wears beautifully under makeup, as it has an almost matte finish when you apply. Retail is $39.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector: This little compact has been my “go-to” undereye concealer for quite some time now. Once again, while my first was a press sample, I’ve since purchased this product over and over again (and usually keep a backup for travel, or to ensure I don’t run out). Bobbi Brown corrector is a heavier concealer, and has an orange undertone that cancels darkness under the eyes. Retail is $25.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: I don’t know one beauty lover who doesn’t think the Hourlgass Ambient Lighting Palette is fabulous. This palette contains an all-over face powder, a highlighting shade, and a bronzing shade. It’s perfect for some subtle contouring, or to use each shade stand-alone. Retail is $58.
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: NARS instantly won me over when they launched their Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I generally avoided tinted moisturizers before NARS launched their version, as I required more coverage to even out my skin tone. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is slightly more opaque than the standard tinted moisturizer, but delivers a natural look. Since receiving my first sample I’ve purchased this product over and over again! Retail price is $43.
All of these items can be found at Nordstrom.com. Be sure to click through the links below to see and read other Beauty Blogger’s “go-to products”! I’ll also be posting another round of Beauty Essentials for your reading pleasure tomorrow!
The makeup featured in this product review was a press sample. Please click HERE to read my full disclosure.