I am finally, FINALLY feeling in a pink mood again readers! The timing is perfect, as elements of pink are cropping up everywhere, most especially in eye makeup! One of my latest favorite products is this new launch from Memebox. Memebox has collaborated with Stephanie Villa (aka SoothingSista) and the result is this gorgeous #EyeLove SF Eye Shadow Palette consisting of neutral shades of shadow that lean pink. The rosy neutrals in this palette are so gorgeously youthful you simply need to buy one (and the fact the retail is only $17 doesn’t hurt either).
Every Spring, I’m always in the mood to add a bit more color to my eye makeup routine. I’m also fond of pointing my readers in the direction of superior product, so it’s nice that the palette I’m featuring in today’s post perfectly covers both bases! Above is the Laura Mercier Watercolour Mist Eye & Cheek Palette, from the brand’s Watercolour Clouds collection for 2015.
As you may have already gathered simply by window shopping, this year’s colors are more subdued and romantic then last year’s brights. Dare I use the word “pastel”? This lovely palette is similar to a watercolor paint palette, with six Sateen Eye Colours that deliver a wash of color to the eyes. The palette includes a soft cornflower blue (Mist), a pale neutral (Wheat), a soft medium green (Storm), a violet/pink (Wind), gray (Purple Rain), and charcoal (Cloud). The two included cheek colors are a pale pink (Sunset) and medium terracotta (Earth).
As always, the Laura Mercier shadow and blush formulas are as soft as silk, and apply smoothly and evenly.
For more photos and information, click through the jump! [Read more…]
Beauty Blogger Essentials
This week’s Makeup Wars topic posed a bit of a problem for me. The Makeup Wars team is writing about our tried and true go-to products, the items we reach for again and again and replenish over and over. I had a blast pulling together this Beauty Blogger Essentials List, but have to admit that I couldn’t fit all of my “go to” beauty items in one post!
As a result, today’s post is part one of a two-part series and you can see the remainder of my Beauty Blogger Essentials List tomorrow. Love what you see? All of these products can be purchased at Nordstrom.com. While you’re there, don’t miss the Nordstrom Clearance Sale! It’s definitely worth a peek.
- NARS Nail Polish: If I had to pick only one nail polish to use, I’d splurge on a bottle of NARS Nail Polish over and over again. This highly opaque color-rich formula can truly be applied with only one coat. It’s big 3 free, and has a gorgeous wide brush for applying. It’s a seriously luxe experience from end to end, with professional results. Retail is $20.
- Lancôme Color Design Shadow and Liner Palette: There are a gazillion eyeshadow palettes I love, but the Lancôme 5-Pan Color Design Palette is currently the first I reach for. These palettes provide room for creativity, but don’t overwhelm with choices. They are sized for travel, unlike a mega-palette, and also include tips for application. I’m currently using Beige Brulee, but have my eye on Taupe Craze (in photo). Retail is $50.
- Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour: I love WAY too many lipsticks to mention them all, but Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Color is definitely one of the first tubes I seek out when I’m applying my morning face. The formula delivers a color-rich, satin finish and is available in a wide array of colors. Palm Beach, shown above, is a fabulous vivid coral for Spring! Retail is $27.
- Lancôme Definicils Waterproof Mascara: Here in the desert, temperatures are already starting to reach levels the rest of the world would consider summer. To stay cool, we participate in a TON of water activity, so my makeup has to always be ready for some splashing. I testing Lancôme Definicils Waterproof Mascara last summer, and when I say “tested” I mean I wore it for a day of watersliding action with my kids. This formula didn’t run or budge AT ALL. Retail is $27.50.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Eye Pencil: This reformulated version of an old favorite is still a mainstay in my makeup collection. This water-resistant formula is the one you need to pick if you truly need color to last from day to night. It applies in a gorgeous, smudgy texture that’s easily blended to perfection using the provided smudge-tip. Once the product sets, it will stay put for hours! Retail price is $23.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Body: Dry, flaky skin be gone! Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Body is perched in my shower, and has been for some time. This physical/chemical peel first acts as a scrub. Then it should be left on for up to 5 minutes while it works it’s magic, eliminating dry skin and revealing the healthy skin beneath! Retail is $65.
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm: After a fellow beauty blogger raved about Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, I splurged on one for myself, and have been using it regularly ever since. This undereye cream is rich, delivers the moisture I so desparately need, and also tingles after you apply (so you can tell it’s working to reveal healthier skin). This product is paraben free, and Algenist is also made right here in the USA! Retail price is $65.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion: When Shiseido launched their suncare line, I immediately grabbed a bottle of this SPF 50+ broad spectrum, water resistant sunscreen. Since that first trial run, I’ve purchased it over and over again. As you’d expect, this product is superb sun protection, especially if you’ll be pool side. What you might not know it is wears beautifully under makeup, as it has an almost matte finish when you apply. Retail is $39.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector: This little compact has been my “go-to” undereye concealer for quite some time now. Once again, while my first was a press sample, I’ve since purchased this product over and over again (and usually keep a backup for travel, or to ensure I don’t run out). Bobbi Brown corrector is a heavier concealer, and has an orange undertone that cancels darkness under the eyes. Retail is $25.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: I don’t know one beauty lover who doesn’t think the Hourlgass Ambient Lighting Palette is fabulous. This palette contains an all-over face powder, a highlighting shade, and a bronzing shade. It’s perfect for some subtle contouring, or to use each shade stand-alone. Retail is $58.
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: NARS instantly won me over when they launched their Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I generally avoided tinted moisturizers before NARS launched their version, as I required more coverage to even out my skin tone. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is slightly more opaque than the standard tinted moisturizer, but delivers a natural look. Since receiving my first sample I’ve purchased this product over and over again! Retail price is $43.
All of these items can be found at Nordstrom.com. Be sure to click through the links below to see and read other Beauty Blogger’s “go-to products”! I’ll also be posting another round of Beauty Essentials for your reading pleasure tomorrow!
The makeup featured in this product review was a press sample. Please click HERE to read my full disclosure.
I know what you’re thinking. This looks exactly like a gloss… so my photo caption above must be wrong. Nope, it’s correct! This little wand applicator actually dispenses Gel Eye Stain in a brilliant way. Each click delivers enough product to apply one layer of color. Simply apply layer by layer until you achieve the look you want!
Vincent Longo Gel Eye Stain is water resistant and long wear, so if you need makeup with staying power this is a great choice! It’s also gluten free, paraben free, and oil free! A great choice for the sensitive and allergic among us.
The Vincent Longo Ginger Lily is a great shade for spring. It’s described by the brand as a copper shimmer, and it’s the perfect color for jazzing up a neutral eye makeup look this spring.
Retail price is $25. Other shades available are Ambrosia Mist, Mink Dream, Starlet Blue, and Chartreuse Veil.
Click HERE to check out Starlette Gel Eye Stain at VincentLongo.com. Other retailers of Vincent Longo products include Nordstrom.com, DermStore.com, and Amazon.com.
The product in this review was a press sample. Please click HERE to read my full disclosure.
Click through the jump for more images and a swatch of Ginger Lily! [Read more…]
Milani has been the toast of the Beauty Blogger town these days, launching some new products for 2015 that have gotten a TON of press for not only being on-trend, but budget-friendly!
Keep reading after the jump for full details on all of the makeup in this photo. If you’ve already seen enough, grab yours at CVS! [Read more…]
When a brand announces they’ll be reformulating a favorite product of mine, I generally panic. Not where Estee Lauder is concerned, however! When I heard Estee planned to update their line of Double Wear Stay In Place Eye Pencils, I was so excited! They rank high on my list of the Best Estee Lauder Products, and I knew the brand would only make them better.
The color? Rich and intense. The staying power is what makes these a must-own. After applying these pencils I smudge them with a smudge brush, and give the color time to set. Once in place, these pencils deliver incredible, smudge-proof, long lasting wear. Yes, they are literally “stay in place” eye pencils!
So what has changed with the New Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Eye Pencil? The color is even more intense than the Double Wear Eye Pencils of yesteryear. To me the color looks more glossy than the finish of the previous pencils. Comparing the new Onyx vs. the old Onyx, the look now has a more “wet” appearance vs. the smokier Onyx the old formula delivered. The smudge-tip is now an angled foam that’s more dense than the sponge tip used previously.
Retail price is $23 per pencil. If you’re looking for more product recommendations, be sure to visit my Best Estee Lauder Products guide.
Keep scrolling for more photos and swatches!
Light and airy, but as comfortable as your coziest cashmere sweater. That’s the kind of cozy comfort the MAC Lightness Of Being color collection offers, but in makeup form! The fine details, like knit patterns engraved atop the mineralize product, only serve to reel me in further.
MAC Lightness Of Being Winter 2015 Reviews
Glamour Dolls Makeup
Click HERE for your invitation from RagingRouge (you’ll score a $10 discount off of your first order of $30 or more and I’ll get a $10 GC too). We’ll shop together, we’ll look gorgeous… and we can laugh and point at the poor saps who aren’t members like us.Gloss48 has introduced me to so many fun brands to share with you readers! The latest fave to hit my vanity is Glamour Dolls. Gloss48 slid The Peachy Essentials collection my way, and spiced it up with an extra Lip Cream from the line. Let me remind you right here that shopping at Gloss48 is for members only.
Glamour Dolls Lip Cream
Hands down, Glamour Dolls Lip Cream was my favorite product from the bunch. I don’t mention my review techniques often to you readers, so I’ll remind you here. When I receive product samples from a new brand, I do my best to avoid reading too much marketing material or pricing information. I don’t want to be “led” in any way! I can ensure my opinions are mine and mine alone. Lip Cream has a smooth, luxurious feel to it, and delivers fun, vivid color. My first guess was that Glamour Dolls makeup was solidly mid-range, a step up from drugstores but not quite prestige. My estimate was each lip cream likely retailed for around $15, a price certainly justified. Keep reading to find out the retail price. You will be floored!